Books + Coffee = Happiness

Monday 30 September 2013

Nearly halfway there

Listening to: Hello - Nu'est
Feeling: Sick
 Not even a month into fall semester and it's sad to say that I am sick. I blame it on outdoor soccer volunteering, where the weather can't seem to make up its mind on whether or not it should rain or be sunny. Be cold or be warm. But mostly, I blame myself for being under dressed. And so, I've suffered from sniffles and have coughed out half a lung for the past two weeks.

But on the bright side, a few things have happened since my last post. One, I am now certified in First Aid and CPR! I've been wanting the certification for a while since I need it to volunteer at the physiotherapy clinic at school, so now I can! Things are pretty busy this semester, so I'll most likely send in my application for next semester.

I also went out with my university buddies, KL, MF and LL for wings and gelato. The wings were awesome and made even better with the deal they had for sundays, which was about 47 cents per wing. The gelato place we went to for dessert was pretty sweet too. I haven't been to a lot of dessert places, but this was was quite impressive with the range of cakes, treats and gelato flavours. I even got a Bailey's flavoured gelato. I asked the server if there was any alcohol in it or if it was just flavouring, but he said that there was a bit, but not enough to make someone drunk. I quite like the taste of Bailey's, so I chose that one since it's not too common. One thing I should have asked was if they also sold it to minors but oh well.


I can't wait for October and November to start since there's so many awesome things to look forward to.

Here's some stuff for October off the top of my head:
  • Vampire Diaries season 5
  • Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
  • Just One Year by Gayle Forman
  • Kuroko no Baske season 2
Huh. That's weird... I'm sure there was a lot more to look forward to. Anyway, and for November:
  • The FREAKING Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
  • The Book Thief Movie
  • Catching Fire Movie
  • Thor 2 Movie
Wow. Brain fart. I swear there's more, but apparently, my brain has stopped functioning. I'm really really looking forward to The Book Thief movie adaption because I thoroughly enjoyed the book. And the trailer looks really well done.

I really do hope they keep Death as the narrator. 

And I just saw this: Nevermore #3: Oblivion (IT HAS A TITLE AND COVER!)
Not quite sure why it's so grey scale rather than the black & pink theme, but oh well. It's VAREN NETHERS! Sadly, it's not to be released until August 26, 2014. That's so far away. But I've waited patiently for the second one to be released (2 years ago), so only another year to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment