Books + Coffee = Happiness

Friday 15 November 2013

TGIF

Listening to: In My Remains - Linkin Park
Feeling: Tired
Oh man, it's been so long since the last post. Lots of stuff has happened between then and now, but school's been keeping me busy and much to my chagrin, there hasn't been a lot of time for my hobbies. Even fanfiction updates has become more like a monthly thing rather than a bi-weekly thing. But even so, I do enjoy the moments between chaos.

With it finally being November, there's quite a few things that I'm looking forward to:

The Book Thief Movie: I have been obsessing over this story for the past month until now. I finally got myself a copy (of the original cover, not those movie-tie-in covers...bleh) of the book and refreshed my memories of the beautiful story that it contained. Even though it was a re-read, it was a really enjoyable book that brought me to tears at all the right moments. I loved it enough to force strongly recommend my high school friend, LW, to read it and then watch the movie when it was released. To my pleasure, she also really loved it too. 

So, what's left? 

Waiting for the movie. Checking out the deets via imdb, I was given false hope that the movie would be released on November 8, but when the time came, I then checked the local theatres and they revealed that the movie was to be released on the 15th. And now's the 15th but there aren't any showtimes. The reason? Probably that the movie is released on the 15th in specific locations. So.. that means another week until it's released in my location. Sigh... one more week wouldn't kill me, but I really do hope that it will be good to make up for my disappointment. John Williams did an outstanding job on the soundtrack and the trailers look astonishing, so I'm sure it will be amazing.

The Fiery Heart: Only 4 more days until it's released! Though as an university student, I'm placing my order online to save a bit and as a result, will have to wait a few days before grabbing the glorious book. But knowing that the story will be in both Adrian's and Sydney's POV will make it worth it. Not to mention that "disappointment" doesn't exist in Richelle's world. 

Only a few more weeks until winter break. Gotta hold out until then. After all those term projects, assignments, papers and exams, I will get one glorious month of doing a solid nothing. So I leave this post with a cheerful sight that I saw one day in a park that reminded me that perseverance can exist in the most unlikeliest of places:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment