Books + Coffee = Happiness

Sunday 24 June 2012

Thank god it's the weekend!

Listening to: Baby I'm Sorry - B1A4
Feeling: Content
After a long week full of midterms and exams, I'm so so glad that it's over. This weekend has been pretty great so far and I'm a little sad to see it end. On Friday, I met up with JL and we hung out at a local Chapters, where I got some books to fill my bookshelf. It was definitely great to see high school friends again! After some catching up on each other's lives, we called it a day and I prepared for the next day, where I had the honor of meeting Richelle Mead, one of my favorite authors! For authors that I really love, I usually stalk them both on Facebook, twitter and their respective blogs and I'm really glad that I did this week. Due to exams, I wasn't on as much and I nearly missed her announcement that she was coming to a nearby city to do a signing. I did a double-take when I read the news (only like 3 days prior the exam), but after some denial, I realized that it was actually happening!

So I got to the bookstore two and a half hours early to see that there were already like 10-15 people ahead of me in the lineup waiting to see her. Amazing, huh? According to the staff, the first few people had been waiting even before the store opened. The wait was rather uneventful, but I spent the time reading over my bio lab teaching script and finally, we got to see her in person! Richelle did a brief reading of The Golden Lily, her newest book (that was released last week and that I was super pumped to read) before doing a Q&A session and finally the signing.

Unfortunately, due to the number of people (like 200 or so), she was only able to sign 3 books per person, so out of the 8 books that I own (by her), I could only get 3 signed. A little disappointing but understandable. Oh well, hopefully she'll come back again soon.



During the lineup, they also had a spray tattoo artist, so I went and got one. Originally, I debated on whether or not I should have the golden lily tattoo on my right cheek (like the way Sydney, a character from the book, had hers), but then once I saw that it lasted 3-4 days, I changed my mind and had it on my arm instead. It looks pretty sweet!




It was quite entertaining to see that some of the hardcore fans had gotten official VA gear such as t-shirts, book bags and other stuff. Some of them had the Team Adrian Ivashkov or the Team Dimitri Belikov thing going on. I should probably do a review on The Golden Lily soon, since I have so much that I want to say about this book. And another review for this other book called Miss Peregrine's Home for Particular Children by Ransom Riggs.


I really really can't wait for this week because another book that I've been dying to read (Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent) is being released this week!! And I won a pre-order of a copy from the Soul Screamers Reading Challenge so I hope I can get it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment