Books + Coffee = Happiness

Saturday 9 June 2012

Busy busy busy..

Listening to: The Immortals - Two Steps from Hell
Feeling: Normal


It's been a while since I last posted anything, but the past week has been rather busy and it didn't help that I had a small cold that lasted for the first half of the week. Worst timing ever, considering I had a psychology midterm on Monday, an important psychology paper due on Wednesday and my biology papers due on Tuesday. However, after that, my week went smoother and definitely less stressful. One point however that caused some stress to rise in the stress meter was the fact that I didn't realize that I had to do something called Research Participation for my psychology class. It's worth 6% of our grade and what you have to do is take part in a research study held by older students or teachers. The studies are mainly less than half an hour, and they give you 1% of the 6%. In other words, you have to do 6 of those studies. Or you could do one hour studies which give you 2%, one and a half hours which give you 3% and so forth, though they are rarer. And you had to sign up for those sessions. If you missed your appointment, you would have to pay back those credits that you would have gotten. So, I've spent the last week running to and from research participation studies. Since the class is an intersession course, our teacher told us just the other day that we had to finish by June 18. Thankfully, at the moment, I've gotten 4 out of 6 percent. Only two more to go (which I've already booked.. so I'm pretty much in the clear).


With a midterm the next week and more midterms and a final the week after, it's going to be busy soon. So I took some time to go out to eat with my dad this afternoon. And this is what I ate... Tonkatsu Teppanyaki!! 




I'm really looking forward to Tuesday, June 12th because The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead will be released! And somewhat luckily, I have a 4 hour gap between classes that day, so I'll be heading off to the mall's bookstore to buy it/read it. I've been waiting since the release of Bloodlines, the first book in the series and that last line there, as casual as it may be to the unsuspecting, was like a bomb. Seriously, I nearly threw the book at the wall because of that one line. And to think, the release of the second book is ALMOST HERE!!!!


Lastly, I wanted to write something regarding my fanfic. I'm super super thankful to everyone who reads it and encourages me to continue writing it, because I really do love writing it, and it pleases me to no end to know that there's someone out there who cares about my story. And thank you, KG, for letting me bounce ideas off of you and working with me through them. I'm always worried that I'm boring you to no end with my constant jabbering about writing and fanfiction. Chapter 21 is on its way. 8 full pages down... about 3 or so more to go. (These chapters seem to get longer and longer) But in the meanwhile, even if no one sees this, I'm really thankful that people are willing to wait to read my stuff. You guys are bloody amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, teppanyaki looks mighty delicious! I totally recognize the area just because of the lemon tea haha! Very glad that you're able to rack up those percentage points, considering they're practically being given to you.

    And aw to KG there. Tu n'as pas encore dit l'histoire derriere ca. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes. I love that place.. it's one of the best areas to eat food! I have the next two percentages signed up for, so I'll be done soon!

      And haha, I'll let you know when we hang out. :)

      Delete