Books + Coffee = Happiness

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Airports, Shopping and Storms

Listening to: the rainstorm outside - nature
Feeling: Happy
Well, yesterday, my sister finally came home after her overseas job and we had to pick her up at a different airport than the usual one, so there was a bit of an adventure there, considering it was in the states. Waking up at 6am to cross the borders isn't very fun, but at least there wasn't any traffic.

Breakfast consisted of McD's at a nearby Walmart (sweet tea + s'mores pie + sausage mcmuffin), then some shopping at Walmart. Got a huge package of hamster wood chips, hamster food and some cheetos for me (Canada doesn't seem to have the jalapeno flavour :/). I wanted to get some books, but I either had the ones worth having or didn't want to own the ones that were being sold, so no books for me. It would have been nice if we could have stopped at Barnes & Noble (I LOVE THAT PLACE! IT'S LIKE A SECOND CHAPTERS), but we were afraid that we'd get lost on the way to the airport, so no book shopping either. Then chilling at a mall not too far away before heading closer to the airport. Did some more shopping along the way and I got myself a Converse t-shirt as well as lots of browsing.

Then McD's again for lunch. This is killing my health streak. Had fries as well as a cheeseburger. Then off to pick up my sis, B. Got lost on the way due to the lack of airport signs, so we ended up slightly late but oh well. B said she was hungry, so we went into another McD's. I got an Oreo McFlurry. My gr 9 math teacher once told us that McD's ice cream isn't really ice cream but whipped up fat and I don't know if that's true or not, but at the moment, ignorance is bliss. More shopping... then dinner at a nearby chinese food place that could be better before heading to Walmart to get more food (+ lots of candies!!) and going home.

It's been boiling hot the past few days so I'm really really really glad that it has decided to cool down for a bit as I can finally attempt to study without complaining about the heat. What is a bonus is that there's currently a thunderstorm as I type this, so it's super awesome. The heavy rain comes and goes, but I'd really wish it would stay because it gives me something to listen to that's not too distracting. I can't wait to finish my current fanfic so I can write the next one which does have something to do with rain storms because I love them. :) 



(Thank you B for getting me stuff that I had asked for, which would be the pens, and more, which is everything else)

I can't wait for the week to be over so I can enjoy the remainder of my summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment