Books + Coffee = Happiness

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

First few days in Malaysia

Listening to: Don't Stay - Linkin Park
Feeling: Like it's too hot
Well, it's been a few days since I've arrived in Malaysia. My flight was in the morning on May 7 (finally a good time since it wasn't too early/late) and it was a pretty long flight... 11 hours. Definitely lost feeling in my legs after a while. The flight itself was decent. The meals were surprisingly good, but since I was transferring flights at South Korea, it was Korean cuisine (and I love Korean food). I finally watched Les Miserables on the airplane screen and I really enjoyed it. I haven't read that book, but I look forward to reading it now since I have a better idea of what it's about. I still think it's a little odd to see Russel Crowe and Hugh Jackman singing, but everything was well done.

I also finally saw A Werewolf Boy starring Song Joong Ki on the flight with English subtitles. It had a pretty cute plot and I quite enjoyed it. It's too bad that he didn't get a lot of lines though.

Waited in Seoul Incheon Airport for 5 hours, but it wasn't too bad since I had my laptop and I mainly spent my time by answering email. I slept on most of the 5 hour flight to Malaysia, though I did wake up every now and then to listen to some K-pop offered on the plane. I was surprised to see Josh Groban's album on there too.

Finally arrived in Malaysia at midnight on May 9, but didn't get to my uncle's house until 1-something in the morning and it was really exhausting.

Spent the day next with my aunt, who took the day off, and bought some food/junk food/clothes at City Mall. Then did some textbook reading.

My mom suffered from a migraine that was caused by a combination of jet lag and heat, so we didn't go out the next day. That was fine since I finished reading chapter 1 for my online class. In the evening, I went out with my relatives to watch Iron Man 3 and I really enjoyed it! Still haven't seen Iron Man 2 though..

Didn't do a whole lot on Saturday, but went out with my Aunt Kelly to see a new baby in the family (my mom's cousin's daughter's new baby to be exact) and was invited out to a dinner by some of my dad's friends at a seafood restaurant.

Sunday was pretty fun. Had breakfast at Old Town White Coffee, which is a touristy type of place that sells a lot of different foods ranging from noodles to breads to dim sum. After, we went to the Sunday Market on Gaya Street (not sure if that's how you spell it), but I got some bathing sand for my hamster, a bracelet, some souvenirs for friends and some food. I also took a lot of photos, which I'll put up here. I finally got a haircut and we headed to 1Borneo mall, which is a really nice mall, for some window shopping. The stuff there is quite nice, but rather expensive.

Monday, May 13th wasn't too action packed, but we went around to Suria Mall for some more window shopping and I got an Oreo Chocolate Slush which was really good. We didn't really get anything else, though my mom got a pair of Korean earrings. It was raining really hard afterwards, so we stopped by a restaurant called Tasty Wok. It's a really nice and clean restaurant (which is kinda of rare here), but the service was rather slow. On the bright side, the food was pretty good. For dinner, my mom and I went out with her brother's family to have a buffet at the Promenade Hotel. It's really really classy and nice. I remember going there once about 6 years ago so it was great to go there again. The food is SO good!!

Sunday Market stuff

More Sunday Market Stuff

Old Town White Coffee Food

No comments:

Post a Comment