Books + Coffee = Happiness

Sunday 23 September 2012

Lazy Sunday

Listening to: Kyoudai - Fullmetal Alchemist OST
Feeling: Bored
Didn't do much today. Woke up earlier than usual (9am) and made breakfast for my dad and sis to their delight, cleaned hamster cage, wrote a page for my fanfic (it went pretty great) and spent about an hour just now paraphrasing my textbook for notes. So I'm taking a break until my right hand stops protesting. Not much to record today, but I made shaved ice! It's normally a summer dessert, but we didn't get the individual ingredients until the other day where my sister needed them for a party, so I'm eating the leftovers. Still good though.


I guess with this picture, it doesn't look very appetizing, but I assure you that it is. The ingredients that I used were: ice (from the ice shaving machine), corn, grass jelly, canned lychee, pineapples, evaporated milk and sugar cane water, which makes it sweet as the name implies. Normally for a full on south-east asian shaved ice (called ABC in my hometown), we'd add some coconut bits, mixed jello, red bean and other stuff. I can't wait until next year when I'll be going back for a brief visit and eat yummy stuff again.

No comments:

Post a Comment